WE'RE TAKING PIPER TO THE NEXT LEVEL
IN COLLABORATION WITH
UNIVERSITY OF CALIFORNIA, SAN DIEGO EXTENSION
Piper, in collaboration with the University of California at San Diego Extension (UC San Diego Extension), now offers credit for students and teachers that complete the Piper experience or professional development.
Boost Your College App with UC San Diego Extension Piper Microcredentials
Get pre-college credits for completing Piper Premium Curriculum.
Get Course Credits from UC San Diego Extension for Playing with Piper
Professional Development for Educators
The Piper Computer Science and Engineering Experience
- Credit will be assigned to the Computer Science and Engineering (CSE) series for precollege credit up to 5 credit hours or units transferable as elective credit at the school district (upon district approval). Piper will provide a teacher of record to approve and certify completion of the course.
> Pre-College Credit
Each phase of the Piper Premium Curriculum completed is worth 1 unit of pre-college credit (EDUC 9000 Series)
> Award of Completion
- UC San Diego Extension will work collaboratively with Piper to issue microcredentials and awards of completion for the precollege series.
Piper Pros Training
- Credit will be offered at the postbaccalaureate level and completers of the series will receive 4.5 quarter units and an award of completion. Teachers and administrators who complete the ELD supplement will receive two additional quarter units.
> Piper Curriculum-Leadership, Engineering Design, and Inquiry
EDUC 4000 Series
- Credit will be offered at the postbaccalaureate level and completers of the series of the Piper 5 phase curriculum will receive up to 4.5 quarter units. All 5 phases will be done in a classroom or makerspace setting. Piper will provide a teacher of record to certify completion of the course(s).
- Teachers and administrators who complete the ELD curriculum supplement or training will receive two additional quarter units.
- UC San Diego Extension will work collaboratively with Piper to issue microcredentials.
- UC San Diego Extension will offer a salary-scale applicable award of completion for each teacher or administrator that can be used for HR purposes and/or for professional credential renewal required by licensing agencies.
- Cost: $55 per teacher per quarter unit/credit