THE STEM EDUCATION POWER OF PIPER. IN THE HANDS OF KIDS WHO NEED IT MOST.
THE PIPER FOUNDATION RESOLVES ACCESS AND INCLUSION GAPS IN STEM EDUCATION.
All students deserve the learning tools for success in the classroom and beyond. Quality education is crucial. Quality STEM (science, technology, engineering, math) education, even more crucial. With the power to unlock the future economy; STEM opportunities are rooted in access and inclusion. This is bigger than education inequity. Quality of education impacts quality of life.
Piper products continue to empower all learners to master technology, regardless of zip code or grade point average. Now, Piper Foundation is expanding our reach to include underserved students to get the same STEM advantage.
In short, we are raising funds to give free Piper Computer Kits to underserved students in schools and homes nationwide.
WE HOPE TO IGNITE A STEM MOVEMENT WHERE ALL STUDENTS ARE INCLUDED IN AND BENEFIT FROM STEM EDUCATION.
Resolve access and inclusion gaps in STEM education
We want to unleash the potential energy in underserved students.
Ignite a STEM movement
We envision a world where all students are included in and benefit from STEM education.
Join the Movement
Sign up for our newsletter to stay updated with our latest news.
HOW IT ALL WORKS
Piper in the Classroom - Teachers, Educators, Principals, and mission-aligned, youth serving Nonprofits can apply to be awarded Piper products. Eligible schools/programs must be located in low-income, high-need communities within the United States. Requests for applications are forthcoming.
3/9/2021 - In a time when fact battles fiction in the news, on social media, and spills over into our lives; STEM education has never been more important. All students need the learning tools for success to prepare them for anything that comes their way; this is STEM. Just as deductive reasoning will lead to logical results; STEM education will lead to hecka brain power - hundo p!
We get it - all schools are doing the best they can with the available resources. Tough budgets make for tougher decisions; where STEM can seem more extra than core curriculum. That is why these schools will soon be able to apply for free Piper Computer Kits. Yes, that’s right free!
This year, we are proud to launch Piper Foundation to give underserved students the STEM advantage they deserve! This is a significant milestone in the history of Piper, given that we have always been empowering all types of learners. Now, we are empowered. We can reach more students. We can change more lives. We are simply giddy as schoolchildren. Sign up today and your students could be next!
Foundation Executive Director
Piper CEO, Foundation Secretary
Piper Cofounder, Foundation Member
DR. TODD ULLAH
Piper Cofounder, Foundation Member
ABOUT THE FOUNDATION
Piper Foundation is a 501(c)3 tax-exempt organization and your donation is tax-deductible within the guidelines of U.S. law. To claim a donation as a deduction on your U.S. taxes, please keep your email donation receipt as your official record. We'll send it to you upon successful completion of your donation. Tax ID #85-0725409
Caveat: Please note that Piper Foundation prices are not available for general purchasing.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What is STEM?
STEM stands for science, technology, engineering, and mathematics. STEM education prepares students for their future career; where 21st century skills (critical thinking, problem solving, and using evidence-based data) are necessary to succeed. These skills also highly contribute to personal quality of life.
Technically speaking -
- Learning 21st century skills are vitally important:
- 21st century skills comprise skills, abilities, and learning dispositions that have been identified as being required for success in 21st century society and workplaces by educators, business leaders, academics, and governmental agencies. This is part of a growing international movement focusing on the skills required for students to master in preparation for success in a rapidly changing, digital society. Many of these skills are also associated with deeper learning, which is based on mastering skills such as analytic reasoning, complex problem solving, and teamwork. These skills differ from traditional academic skills in that they are not primarily content knowledge-based.
21st Century skills include:
- Learning and innovation skills: critical thinking and problem solving, communications and collaboration, creativity and innovation
- Digital literacy skills: information literacy, media literacy, Information and communication technologies (ICT) literacy
- Career and life skills: flexibility and adaptability, initiative and self-direction, social and cross-cultural interaction, productivity and accountability
- STEM career pathways; education → careers → wealth
- STEM workers enjoy a pay advantage compared with non-STEM workers with similar levels of education.
Among those with some college education, the typical full-time, year-round STEM worker earns $54,745 while a similarly educated non-STEM worker earns $40,505, or 26% less.
And among those with the highest levels of education, STEM workers out-earn their non-STEM counterparts by a similar margin. Non-STEM workers with a master’s degree typically earn 26% less than STEM workers with similar education. The median earnings of non-STEM workers with a professional or doctoral degree trail their STEM counterparts by 24%.
Source: Pew research
WHY THIS MATTERS
“The STEM advantage is life-changing” - Jenn Delacroix, MPA
“Enter quote” - Dave Lundgren
“A solid foundation in STEM is important for any future career, STEM-related or not. Piper helps develop that.” - Shree Bose
“To make a better tomorrow by creating opportunities today for students” - Dr. Todd Ullah
Contact - If you have questions, please email us: email@example.com